We are often asked by customers how often they should restring their racquet. Our advice is: the number of times you play per week, should be the number of times you restring per year. Put simply, if you play three times a week, you should restring at least 3 times per year. You will also learn about the right tension to use in our video below.
Watch this video to see step-by-step instructions demonstrating how to wrap an overgrip properly around the handle of your tennis racket.
- Remove the plastic foil
- Remove adhesive tape
- Slightly stretch the tape and turn the racquet
- Create smooth overlaps (more overlaps for thicker grip)
- Cut the grip to the right length
- Wrap finishing tape around the end of the attached overgrip
As important as the tennis racquet itself, the strings are a crucial element of every player’s game. They come into contact with the tennis ball, making or breaking your performance on the court. Learn about the different features of our HEAD strings:
- Introduction to 3 of our core strings
- Lynx Tour monofilament string for more spin and control
- Hawk Touch monofilament string for more touch and feel
- Velocity MLT multifilament string for more power and comfort
Here at HEAD we've been busy putting together some How To videos, to provide useful tips for customers and tennis enthusiasts. Check out the below video to learn about head shape and head size, racquet weight, frame stiffness, string patterns, swing weight and why it's important to test racquets for yourself.